HI, IT’S CARLA. As the founder of jovial foods, I’ve always wanted to create a space where einkorn bakers could compare notes. I also love to hear and learn from your feedback. And, if you have questions or want to show the community what you’re baking, please register and create a post. I’ll do my best to answer all questions about the cookbook, with help from the jovial staff. Welcome to the einkorn cookbook community!

Answers

Hi. I see a lot of questions, but no answers. Where are the Answers?

Grinding wheat berries

I am thinking of purchasing a grain mill to grind my own wheat berries. What is the best way to end up with an all purpose flour if I grind myself? I have a simple, hand-crank sifter, would that be sufficient? My family enjoys the classic Boule from the cookbook and I’m afraid it won’t … Continued

EINKORN GRAIN AND FLOUR.

I was given a five gallon bucket each of these two grains, Einkorn and Kamut.. the buckets are 1/2 to 2/3 full. also a grain mill came with the grain. tried making bread, but was really heavy and didn’t raise to high. I’m wondering what the difference is of the grain flour and all purpose … Continued

typos in cookbook

Hi! im enjoying the cookbook but just read about a typo in the cook book. any place I can find out about all the typos in the cookbook before i keep baking?? thanks!

Cracks in boule

Lately my boules have been cracking, despite slashing the tops. Am I not letting them proof long enough?

EINKORN starter

I’m a 78 year old baking newbie trying to master nutritious sourdough bread.When baking einkorn sourdough bread what is the recommended hydration level of the starter?

Einkorn starter video

Questions from watching the video: 1) On day 6 and beyond, am I right in understanding that while you’re looking for bubbling to occur within 6 hours, you’re still only feeding every 24 hours? I ask because so many other sourdough recipes and videos say every 12 hours so just want to confirm. 2) For … Continued

Sourdough bread

I am looking for a sourdough sandwich bread recipe made with Einkorn flour… please help!! 😊

Plain AP tortillas?

Hi Carla! I’d like to make some plain tortillas using the AP Einkorn flour. If I use the spinach tortilla recipe on your website, would I need to add extra water if I omit the spinach puree? Thanks!

Einkorn starter

Hi, I have tried to start with starter 3 times but each time it does not start! Does not bubble or anything. I followed the directions in the cookbook but no joy. What am I doing wrong? I really want to bake with sourdough as my wife has digestive issues. Can you give me any … Continued