HI, IT’S CARLA. As the founder of jovial foods, I’ve always wanted to create a space where einkorn bakers could compare notes. I also love to hear and learn from your feedback. And, if you have questions or want to show the community what you’re baking, please register and create a post. I’ll do my best to answer all questions about the cookbook, with help from the jovial staff. Welcome to the einkorn cookbook community!

No knead overnight artisan loaf

Hello, I have been working on baking the No Knead Overnight Artisan Loaf. My starter has finally matured which helps. It may not be super super strong but it seems right now. In spite of that, I have been getting liquid dough in the Overnight Artisan Loaf if I use the measurements for water given. … Continued

Help! First time making starter and it’s taking off….

Hi, I am brand new to making sourdough and using Einkorn. I live in the Caribbean, so I believe the warmer climate and higher humidity here is making the process go much faster. After only 24 hours, I see bubbles on top!!! What should I do? Carla’s video says to let it rest 48 hours … Continued

Carrot Cake

I’ve seen a lot of sourdough carrot cake recipes and an Einkorn carrot cake recipe, but not an Einkorn carrot cake recipe. Was curious if I can just make a levain and then use that as my “sourdough starter” in a regular sourdough recipe? Or if there is a way to sub Einkorn sourdough into … Continued

Pancakes

How do you make sourdough pancakes with einkorn flour?

Einkorn Graham Crackers

I have been making the “Goodness Graham Cracker” recipe in the cookbook and like them very much. I just saw another recipe for “Einkorn Homemade Graham Crackers” on the website that is a little different. Is this a new and improved recipe or an old recipe before the cookbook came out? why the change and … Continued

Starter questions

Hi there! So I am on day 13 of my einkorn starter. I know that can be early in the game, so to speak, but I am not seeing much activity. There are some small bubbles on the bottom if I look underneath. Here’s a photo. It’s very dense. I am using a scale to … Continued

Sourdough

I just want to thank Carla for her amazing book. I bake soley with Einkorn, have shared my bread with friends and all absolutely love it! It is the best tasting bread ever! I make both whole-grain for our “daily” bread, and usually the baguettes for taking to potlucks and for entertaining. Thanks!

Einkorn Sweet Rolls

Following the recipe for Einkorn Cinnamon Rolls on the website, this is the sourdough version with lemon sugar instead of the brown sugar and cinnamon and fresh blueberries, with a lemon glaze. They were so yummy!

Biscuits

My family loves the buttermilk biscuits from you cookbook. I want to make them on an upcoming camping trip.. We have a camper so I have an oven, but I don’t have the space to make the dough at camp. Can I make the biscuit dough and cut into biscuits and freeze and then cook … Continued

Starter help

Hi Carla! I started my sourdough starter on May 7, so it’s a little over a month old now. I’ve been following the instructions in the cookbook with dedication, weighing my ingredients and using Einkorn AP flour and taking the temperature of my water. I’m concerned that my starter isn’t maturing properly. There are bubbles … Continued