HI, IT’S CARLA. As the founder of jovial foods, I’ve always wanted to create a space where einkorn bakers could compare notes. I also love to hear and learn from your feedback. And, if you have questions or want to show the community what you’re baking, please register and create a post. I’ll do my best to answer all questions about the cookbook, with help from the jovial staff. Welcome to the einkorn cookbook community!

Mixed loaf

Hello! I have a question, how do I calculate how much flour to use if I want to make a loaf half all purpose einkorn and half fresh ground einkorm flour? For example, I want to make the no-knead artisan loaf from the einkorn cookbook and it calls for either 720g all purpose OR 696 … Continued

Yeast Levain help meeeeeee

Hello. In the einkorn cook book I followed the directions for making the yeast levain. But it never said that when its ready you HAVE to use it right away or how long you can let it sit before you use it in a recipe. This proves difficult for sure. I spent a lot of … Continued

Salt crackers

I just made the salt crackers and OMG yum!!!! My brilliant husband, who is really the ‘dough whisperer’ of the house got the idea to roll it out a bit and then run through the pasta machine. Just ran it once at the 2 setting and they came out perfectly without wearing out my arms. … Continued

Wonderful einkorn cookbook!!

I have been using your einkorn cookbook for several months and am very pleased with what I’ve tried. Being sensitive to gluten for several years, I am thoroughly enjoying baking sourdough (only) items with no problems. The aroma and feel of the dough is something I didn’t know I been missing so much. Every sourdough … Continued

My first 100% Einkorn bread!

Was sooooo excited to receive Carla’s new book! ollowed Carla’s instructions to get my own sourdough starter going. Fed it faithfully for two weeks, and turned out my very first loaf of 100% Einkorn bread this morning. It’s going to be impossible not to slice it before it has cooled!

recipes with fresh ground einkorn

Hello, again! I am wondering if the recipes in your cookbook that call for whole wheat einkorn need to have any adjustments made when using freshly ground flour from your einkorn wheat berries? Specifically, I attempted to make the whole wheat sandwich loaf on page 40, and from the start, my dough was really dry. … Continued

Sourdough levian?

What if we made a whole grain starter. I made my first levian last night using weights, and it’s been about 9 hours. It has been at a consistent temperature of 70 degrees in a dark place, covered with plastic wrap. I took before and after pictures, but the dough has stayed the same. I … Continued

Sourdough levian?

What if we made a whole grain starter. I made my first levian last night using weights, and it’s been about 9 hours. It has been at a consistent temperature of 70 degrees in a dark place, covered with plastic wrap. I took before and after pictures, but the dough has stayed the same. I … Continued

Sourdough Starter

I’m on my 4th try on the sourdough starter. When I get to refreshing the starter I mix the 10g of starter with the water and flour. I knead and roll into a firm ball and store but the dough stays in the ball and doesn’t expand or anything. What do you think I could … Continued

flour tortilla and kneading tool

Today for the first time I attempted to make flour tortilla using all purpose Einkorn flour, and it was a disaster. Followed a recipe from the internet……dough was sticky, but I managed to make the tortilla in different angle and shape. My question is do youhave a tortilla recipe in your cookbook? Another question how … Continued