HI, IT’S CARLA. As the founder of jovial foods, I’ve always wanted to create a space where einkorn bakers could compare notes. I also love to hear and learn from your feedback. And, if you have questions or want to show the community what you’re baking, please register and create a post. I’ll do my best to answer all questions about the cookbook, with help from the jovial staff. Welcome to the einkorn cookbook community!

question about pans for baking

I have been making sourdough bread for a year using regular organic unbleached flour. I am trying to switch over to Einkorn flour. I had bought some really nice USA Pans for making large loaf sandwich shaped bread with a lid for my sourdough bread. Are you familiar with these pans? Are they fine to … Continued

Heralding Ciabatta!

Ciabatta is my new fav! Last week it was the French Boule…next week it may be focaccia. Who knows?Yesterday I made ciabatta for the first time; it was quite thrilling to fling the dough from the couche on to the very hot baking pan…a bit tricky but oh so worth it. The bread is delicious!

sourdough

Hi, It seems a lot of people have the question of SOURDOUGH STARTER, so I am wondering when will you post the video of making sourdough starter? It will really help many people including me. Thanks!

French Boule

This is the second French Boule I have baked (this one with sprouted einkorn) and it came out surprisingly well…in spite of my fluffing about with lack of confidence in my technique ( I use that word loosely). I am encouraged!

Order

I ordered a cookbook last night (1/12/17) and didn’t see a place to add the code “FLOUR” but would like to also receive the Einkorn all-purpose flour. Also, I called the number you gave on the website and it was no longer in service.

French Boule

Hello, I made the French Boule according to the book recipe with a batch of yeast levain, but it came out veryyyyyy dense. I proofed it for an initial 3 hours and its about 67 degrees in the cabinet I kept it in according to a thermometer. I also proofed it in a stainless steel … Continued

What now?

Ok, so my starter seems to be rather happy… its about 3 weeks (give or take) old and bubbles immediately when I’ve refreshed it. How long do I keep adding flour to it? What do I do with it now to store it and then when I want to use it again, do I have … Continued

Einkorn

First time making bread – turned out edible but hard for me to gather confidence for wild yeast starter- it’s very interesting indeed

Container for the sour dough starter

I was wondering what type of container you create your sour dough starter in and what you keep it stored in? Can a plastic container be utilized or should it be glass? Thank you, Susan