HI, IT’S CARLA. As the founder of jovial foods, I’ve always wanted to create a space where einkorn bakers could compare notes. I also love to hear and learn from your feedback. And, if you have questions or want to show the community what you’re baking, please register and create a post. I’ll do my best to answer all questions about the cookbook, with help from the jovial staff. Welcome to the einkorn cookbook community!

My First Einkorn Sourdough Bread

Tonight, I was able to pull this beautiful einkorn French Boule from the oven. It’s my first attempt at sourdough bread, and I’m very happy at how well it turned out. Thank you Carla and Lauren (amazing customer service)! I’m so excited about the possibilities of einkorn for our family’s health.

Slow Ferment Sourdough Bread

Here is my question: I am experimenting with 48 hour sourdough recipes to aid in digestion. Since there are not a lot of recipes for this slow ferment, I would like to take existing sourdough recipes to use for slow rise. Would it be best to let the bread rise as the recipe calls for, … Continued

Sprouted SD Boule with Sprouted Levain

Last week I received a recipe for the French Boule made with sprouted flour and sprouted levain in the Jovial blog from Heidi. This recipe is the bomb! The sprouted levain is not as bubbly on the surface as the AP, though it is beautifully frothy and fragrant. And the dough felt a lot springier … Continued

Overproofed

Having trouble getting a nice domed loaf using the bread machine on the custom setting and adding the extra flour to compensate for no turning. Suggestions? Using the basic sandwich bread with the sourdough starter.

My Pane Toscano

Just took this out of the oven. Made a French Boule and Raisin Walnut Miche yesterday. They are amazing. Love the cookbook

einkorn wheat berries

I’m interested in purchasing einkorn wheat berries. However, when ground, is it the same as regular einkorn flour or whole wheat einkorn flour? Thanks. Kim

Einkorn pasta with grilled chicken, feta and Greek olives.

pound cake

I need help making a traditional pound cake, not the coconut pound cake from the recipe book. I’ve tried simply substituting all purpose Einkorn in 2 recipes, and both have failed miserably. Please help!

Best way to get started.

Hi Carla, Please provide the necessary steps to be successful with using Einkorn flour. Devices needed. I currently do all the cooking for us since the onset of my wife illness 5 years ago. Thank you for your help and assistance. Thomas

Sourdough starter

I am having trouble getting a starter to bubble and look anything like the photos in the cookbook. I use a scale to measure the 60 g of all purpose flour. It is very dry, so Have tried adding a bit more water. It has been 2 weeks and it still looks like the first … Continued