HI, IT’S CARLA. As the founder of jovial foods, I’ve always wanted to create a space where einkorn bakers could compare notes. I also love to hear and learn from your feedback. And, if you have questions or want to show the community what you’re baking, please register and create a post. I’ll do my best to answer all questions about the cookbook, with help from the jovial staff. Welcome to the einkorn cookbook community!

need help

my 2nd loaf of sandwich einkorn bread…hard as a rock #einkorncommunity

my einkorn waffle #einkorncommunity

Great day baking with Einkorn!

Sourdough rolls, Banana bread & Dutch Apple pie~all turned out great. Used a half recipe for pie crust and then made the crumble topping and let it rest in the frig for 30 min. Turned out perfect. Love the caramelized bananas in the bread.

Baking through the cookbook

I have begun to try and bake my way through your cookbook Carla. I am having wonderful success. Your recipes are spot on! I have two awesome Einkorn cookbooks now and I am finally confident after working with this grain for more than a year now that it’s the best ever!

Boule

I made the French boule from the cookbook and used 100% whole grain einkorn per Carla’s instructions. Came out beautiful and was very delicious… everyone was impressed! Also made the ciabatta… It tasted okay but was very dense. I’ll have to try again sometime. I plan on making the overnight Kefir coffee cake soon.

Apple Fritters

I subbed Einkorn for regular flour, cutting down on the milk. YUM! I love the flavor Einkorn gives my dishes and that we can feel good about eating it!

sugar

I just got your cookbook. I am sugar sensitive. I am going to try your recipes with honey. Have you tried it? I also try to keep dairy out of our diet, so was going to use coconut milk where you use whole milk. Will either of these affect the einkorn flour?

baguettes

Carla, have you made these yet using some or all of the whole grain Einkorn flour? Making these later today for Labor Day dinner and would love to make both regular and whole grain versions.