HI, IT’S CARLA. As the founder of jovial foods, I’ve always wanted to create a space where einkorn bakers could compare notes. I also love to hear and learn from your feedback. And, if you have questions or want to show the community what you’re baking, please register and create a post. I’ll do my best to answer all questions about the cookbook, with help from the jovial staff. Welcome to the einkorn cookbook community!

Baking with excess sourdough starter

I am on day 6 of my sourdough starter and was wanting use my excess starter to bake with while I am strengthening it. You mentioned in the book it could be used with a yeast levain, but I’m unsure how to incorporate it and how much. Can you give a little guidance? Thanks!

Einkorn sourdough loaf

I am so blessed to have found Jovial Einkorn flour and products. Einkorn, has changed my life, it has brought a light of happiness to baking back for me and my family because we can tolerate the gluten, all 20yrs of not having sourdough, and Einkorn, was waiting for us to find it. Thank you … Continued

Sourdough starter

I have been working on my starter now for 9 days. On day 6 I made the mistake of putting it in the fridge for the strengthening process I took it out and have been refreshing 2x a day. I haven’t seen ant bubbles yet and it only is expanding a little. I am too … Continued

My husband said this is the best pie crust he’s ever had

Loving your cookbook!

Just want you to know that I have been cooking and baking with Einkorn for almost two years now. I am very thankful for the new cookbook. I am thoroughly enjoying baking through it and so is my family! Great job Carla and your staff and family.

sourdough starter

I am using the recipe in the book to create an einkorn sourdough starter. It’s been three days, but I do not see any bubbling yet. Am I doing something wrong?