HI, IT’S CARLA. As the founder of jovial foods, I’ve always wanted to create a space where einkorn bakers could compare notes. I also love to hear and learn from your feedback. And, if you have questions or want to show the community what you’re baking, please register and create a post. I’ll do my best to answer all questions about the cookbook, with help from the jovial staff. Welcome to the einkorn cookbook community!

Sourdough Starter

I’m on my 4th try on the sourdough starter. When I get to refreshing the starter I mix the 10g of starter with the water and flour. I knead and roll into a firm ball and store but the dough stays in the ball and doesn’t expand or anything. What do you think I could … Continued

flour tortilla and kneading tool

Today for the first time I attempted to make flour tortilla using all purpose Einkorn flour, and it was a disaster. Followed a recipe from the internet……dough was sticky, but I managed to make the tortilla in different angle and shape. My question is do youhave a tortilla recipe in your cookbook? Another question how … Continued

sourdough starter

Carla, First of all, thank you for your all of the great products that your wonderful company brings us. I am determined to get my sourdough bread baking down and I need to ask a question about sourdough starter. I have a very good sourdough startre in my fridge that is made from a gluten, … Continued

Holiday Rolls

Hi! I was hoping you could help me with a recipe? I recently switched exclusively to einkorn flour and need to figure out how to make these rolls that have become a family favorite. They are so loved that they are the only unanimous demand for every holiday…my family would revolt if I did not … Continued

Sourdough starter

Greetings, Carla! I’ve read through the other questions on sourdough starter but just want to be sure I’ve got this right. I just finished refreshing my starter twice daily days 6-10 as per the instructions. It has bubbles on top and bottom and does smell sweet like yogurt as you describe (yay!). From this point … Continued

The bread had a lot of cracked and I am wondering if you can tell me if the dough was too wet or too dry to cause this. Or did I do something else wrong.

sweet potato rolls

I am loving the sweet potato rolls. I want to make them smaller (so instead of 16, make 32). If I do that, do I change the cooking time? thanks

Einkorn Puff Pastry (w/ Sourdough?)

Hi! I just wanted to suggest a possible recipe, and it might be impossible, but if there a way to create a sourdough einkorn puff pastry? Or would it be too sticky? Someone once told me their mom added sourdough to puff pastry to give it lift, but I am not too sure how the … Continued

Einkorn recipes to try for a beginner?

Hello! I’m so excited that I have a copy of Carla’s book and a bag of einkorn flour. The first einkorn recipe I tried from the book is a pizza recipe and it turned out really good. You can read about it on my blog if you like: http://www.vermilionroots.com/blog/2015/10/einkorn-pizza-book-italy I’m ready to make my second … Continued