HI, IT’S CARLA. As the founder of jovial foods, I’ve always wanted to create a space where einkorn bakers could compare notes. I also love to hear and learn from your feedback. And, if you have questions or want to show the community what you’re baking, please register and create a post. I’ll do my best to answer all questions about the cookbook, with help from the jovial staff. Welcome to the einkorn cookbook community!

confusion…

I’m so confused: am I supposed to be THROWING AWAY some of the starter I make??? I am at about day 7 in my starter, feeding 2x a day, waiting for it to bubble up w/in 5 hours, like it says…but I’ve been adding the flour and bit of water to the dough…basically expanding the … Continued

substituting whole wheat for all purpose

one more question for the moment – I bought ten pounds of einkorn berries so i was hoping to use whole wheat for the next few recipes instead of all purpose (since I am out of all purpose!). I know the book says you have to add about 5% more water if you substitute in … Continued

ferment and proofing times

I am very, very new to baking. I just made the boule from my sourdough starter and even my husband ate it! Because I have little kids and we are out a lot, I am wondering how flexible the levian ferment and the proofing times are…. Specifically, can I go longer without risking horrible consequences … Continued

Need help

I’ve baked the 2-Hour Dairy Free Sandwich Loaf 4 times. It always looks and tastes great, but I get a big “bubble” on top so when I slice the bread the top crust falls off. I live near Denver at altitude, but my daughter (who lives up in the mountains at 8,500 feet) baked this … Continued

pasta

hi, I bought 25 boxes of jovial organic whole wheat penne rigate….thought I was buying the WHITE pasta….this was for my 6 year old who cant tolerate gluten….but he will not eat these because of the color…( I’m not fond of them either) can I mail these to you and exchange for boxes of the … Continued

Einkorn Wheat

In your video you mentioned that grains were cut and left in the fields to sprout, then gathered threshed, dried and ground into flour. Is this the way your Einkorn wheat is produced? If not is the grain sprouted after harvest?

3 different sandwich loaf recipes?

I have 3 different recipes for einkorn sandwich bread, & they’re all kind of different. I’m not sure which one I should make and what the difference will be in the end product? Thank you for this cookbook which is definitely a favorite!!! Kelly p.s. I tried to upload 3 photos of the 3 different … Continued

Einkorn Sandwich Bread

I made the einkorn sandwich bread using your all purpose flour and it came out super crumbly and much of it fell apart when slicing (first the top crust and then when taking out to make sandwiches later it crumbled apart in the center). Please help. I don’t want to give up but this isn’t … Continued

need help

my 2nd loaf of sandwich einkorn bread…hard as a rock #einkorncommunity