HI, IT’S CARLA. As the founder of jovial foods, I’ve always wanted to create a space where einkorn bakers could compare notes. I also love to hear and learn from your feedback. And, if you have questions or want to show the community what you’re baking, please register and create a post. I’ll do my best to answer all questions about the cookbook, with help from the jovial staff. Welcome to the einkorn cookbook community!

Sprouted Flour

I read that you will soon have sprouted Einkorn flour. Do you know when that will be? Also, do you have plans of making sprouted Einkorn pasta and products?

Tripling Recipe

I made your all purpose sandwich loaf (recipe from the cookbook) and it turned out wonderfully. I would like to triple or quadruple the recipe to freeze some loafs. How do you suggest increasing the recipe and adjusting the cooking time? Thanks!

baking stone or cookie sheet?

Hello, I am ready to make my first sour dough ciabatta bread tomorrow. I have a large, baking stone. Should I use that instead of the cookie sheet, and turn the risen loaf onto that?

Sweet Potato Rolls

I made the sweet potato rolls from the cookbook… but instead of sweet potato I used fresh pumpkin puree, and added some pumpkin pie spice. BEST sourdough rolls I have ever made, they are so soft! Every other time I’ve tried they were dry and dense. I love them for breakfast with butter and raw … Continued

pasta

hi everyone….I have 24 boxes ( 12 oz) of jovial einkorn wheat pasta penne rigate I cant use…expiration date 2018….selling for $48 and shipping….

Increasing Recipe

Hi, I made the Classic Sandwich Bread from the cookbook and loved it! I would like to triple or quadruple the recipe to freeze some. How should I go about doing that? How do you adjust ingredients and cooking times? Thanks Emma

Sourdough starter

I have made some stater and I am ready to refresh it. Page 13 says take 2tsp add 2tsp water and 1/2 cup of flour. My question concerns the remaining starter from which I have taken the two tsps. Should I just refrigerate it and refresh from that same source next time? It’s probably very … Continued

Bran Muffins

I am in the process of removing all but Einkorn wheat from my diet. Your Morning Glory Muffins look wonderful. Is there a way that I could add Oat Bran to make them into bran muffins? Thanks.

sourdough starter

I am just about to order my first bag of this most amazing piece of history, and would like some advice on how to proceed to change over my sourdough start feed to Einkorn, also is there a recipe you have for sourdough bread, available online. I watched a video of making bread with the … Continued

Sour Dough Starter

I have started a sour dough starter with Jovial Einkorn all purpose flour. I am in the process of baking my first loaves of bread and am ready to refresh the starter. I am inferring that I only use (and keep) 2 tsp of the starter that I am mixing with water and fresh flour … Continued