HI, IT’S CARLA. As the founder of jovial foods, I’ve always wanted to create a space where einkorn bakers could compare notes. I also love to hear and learn from your feedback. And, if you have questions or want to show the community what you’re baking, please register and create a post. I’ll do my best to answer all questions about the cookbook, with help from the jovial staff. Welcome to the einkorn cookbook community!

Boule

I made the French boule from the cookbook and used 100% whole grain einkorn per Carla’s instructions. Came out beautiful and was very delicious… everyone was impressed! Also made the ciabatta… It tasted okay but was very dense. I’ll have to try again sometime. I plan on making the overnight Kefir coffee cake soon.

Apple Fritters

I subbed Einkorn for regular flour, cutting down on the milk. YUM! I love the flavor Einkorn gives my dishes and that we can feel good about eating it!

sugar

I just got your cookbook. I am sugar sensitive. I am going to try your recipes with honey. Have you tried it? I also try to keep dairy out of our diet, so was going to use coconut milk where you use whole milk. Will either of these affect the einkorn flour?

baguettes

Carla, have you made these yet using some or all of the whole grain Einkorn flour? Making these later today for Labor Day dinner and would love to make both regular and whole grain versions.

more questions

Hi Carla, Ugh I have never struggled like this baking before. It’s making me stubborn and I want to succeed. A few more questions 1. My starter still looks a tiny bit grey on the outside. Is that normal? 2. When you refresh the starter from the refrigerator do you leave in out in a … Continued

Baking with excess sourdough starter

I am on day 6 of my sourdough starter and was wanting use my excess starter to bake with while I am strengthening it. You mentioned in the book it could be used with a yeast levain, but I’m unsure how to incorporate it and how much. Can you give a little guidance? Thanks!

Einkorn sourdough loaf

I am so blessed to have found Jovial Einkorn flour and products. Einkorn, has changed my life, it has brought a light of happiness to baking back for me and my family because we can tolerate the gluten, all 20yrs of not having sourdough, and Einkorn, was waiting for us to find it. Thank you … Continued