HI, IT’S CARLA. As the founder of jovial foods, I’ve always wanted to create a space where einkorn bakers could compare notes. I also love to hear and learn from your feedback. And, if you have questions or want to show the community what you’re baking, please register and create a post. I’ll do my best to answer all questions about the cookbook, with help from the jovial staff. Welcome to the einkorn cookbook community!

Doubling a recipe

If I want to make two boules at the same time, would it be better to make two separate levains and two separate bowls of dough, or could I combine them and double everything and then just split the dough at the end before the final proofing stage? I have been doing two separate balls … Continued

Last question I hope. I used my new starter to make the whole grain batard. It turned out beautifully so I put my starter in the fridge for the first time. That was Wednesday. I took it out today and refreshed it. I did not let it come to room temp, just added cold starter, … Continued

Drying and rehydrating starter

I want to preserve and ship my starter. I’ve read about drying the starter then rehydrating it when needed. Please give me instructions for my einkorn starter. Thanks

Proofing basket

Can anyone recommend a good proofing basket? I used a ceramic bowl yesterday and it worked ok, but I’d really like to get a proofing basket. A search on Amazon is overwhelming.

I want to adapt some favorite recipes to using Einkorn flour. I want to know some guidelines.

Whole grain starter and levain

I started a whole grain starter about two weeks ago and have refreshed daily for the last week. I ordered more flour during the cyber Monday sale and it arrived yesterday so I think I am ready to bake. I mixed up a levain last night with whole grain flour. I am wondering if it … Continued

Sourdough no knead bread

I made the sourdough dutch oven bread yesterday for the first time on a 5 day starter. It came out like a hockey puck, very flat and extremely dense but had great sourdough flavor. Should this get better and lighter with refreshing the starter?

sweet potato rolls

For the sweet potato rolls recipe on pg. 63. Is the 1 1/2 lbs. (500 gr.) Garnet sweet potatoes weighed after they are cooked and mashed or before when they are whole and raw. Thanks.

Sourdough starter discard

I’m wondering about the sourdough recipe in the Einkorn cookbook. It doesn’t mention discard, unless removing any gray flour on top of the starter. I’m used to discarding daily for my other starters, so am not sure how to progress since each day discusses the add’n of flour, and even twice daily on days 6-10. … Continued