HI, IT’S CARLA. As the founder of jovial foods, I’ve always wanted to create a space where einkorn bakers could compare notes. I also love to hear and learn from your feedback. And, if you have questions or want to show the community what you’re baking, please register and create a post. I’ll do my best to answer all questions about the cookbook, with help from the jovial staff. Welcome to the einkorn cookbook community!

Chocolate cupcakes

Hi there! I love every recipe I’ve made from the cookbook so far and the cupcakes in it are by far the best I’ve had. Do you think the chocolate cupcakes would convert to a cake easily enough? I know you generally can convert one to the other by adjusting cooktime but wanted to make … Continued

Question about Cookbook

I’m wondering if the recipes from the Einkorn cookbook are made purely with Einkorn flour or if they are a mix of Einkorn and all purpose flour? I’m looking to completely get away from all purpose flour. Thanks!

Disintegrating Pie Crust?

Hello! The short of it: I am hoping to get some help with my pie crusts before the holiday baking frenzy! The long of it: The holidays will soon be upon us again, and so my thoughts have turned to holiday baking. And for me, this specifically means pie (and lots of ’em!). Einkorn all-purpose … Continued

Carla’s Sourdough French Boule

Carla’s Sourdough French Boule… My first attempt! I’ve been refreshing her starter often over the last few weeks and it’s supercharged! I used an oval Dutch oven and I turned it 3X’s like Carla instructs. The taste is AMAZING! I haven’t had a sandwich in months (gluten sensitive). I’m going to enjoy a BLT tomorrow… … Continued

Carla’s Neapolitan Pizza Margherita

SO delicious! Cooked on a pizza stone, Carla said to heat stone at 500F for 1hr. before baking. Jovial tomatoes and olive oil were perfect! I actually looked like I knew what I was doing, lol! The kids were eating them hot from oven as fast as I could make them. Thank you Carla <3

SOS Yeast Starter

SOS with my yeast starter! Whole Wheat Einkorn I made a double batch but from the beginning it was firm. 5hrs later, firm and drying out. What happened? Can I save this somehow?

help w yeast levain

I’m new to Einkorn! I have the cookbook by Carla Bartolucci. I made a double batch of yeast starter and it is very firm. I expected it to be thinner, did I mess up? I ‘m 99% sure that I got the ingredients correct. Oh, I am using your Jovial whole wheat flour. Thank you!

Packing foam

I notice they melt when they get wet. Will it hurt the Florida environment if we put them on the grass to melt in the rain